Monday, February 2, 2009

volleyball tournaments

Garrett and Emilie had their first tournament on Saturday, January 10th. Because I coach Emilie's team I didn't get to see Garrett's tourney, but heard he played well in spite of the three losses. Emilie's day went a little different. She played great and her team won all 3 of their games. She has got a great group of girls on her team.

She had her second tournament on Saturday, January 24th. They had a repeat of their first tournament and went 3 and 0. They are now 6-0. It is so much easier when they just win. Emilie plays back row and is not afraid to hit the floor for the ball. She also has a great back row attack. I get a kick out of watching her! She is my girl, even though she chose to wear her dad's football number.

I played in my first tournament since Baker. It was at Long Beach State in the Pyramid. What an adrenaline rush. I had so much fun. We tied for first in our pool, but lost in the first round of playoffs. It was a fun day.




Emilie, January 24, 2009. She is a natural. Small, but Mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment